Friday, 14 May 2010

Finally some sewing

Its been months - I don't know why but I just haven't been able to motivate myself to get sewing. I've bought plenty of fabric, reorganised my sewing room, bought lots of books for inspiration but I just couldn't get myself going. Anyway tonight I finally had a go as I had some presents I needed to make. Making presents for people is good. It gives you the kick you need to get started without the pressure you feel if you have to make lots of stuff for a craft fair. I really enjoyed it although felt a little rusty.

So heres one I made earlier....(please excuse the dark photos!)

I made 2 baby bibs for my new niece Tess who was born yesterday. Well done Liz!


2 bibs for a friends new baby - William

and a tooth fairy cushion for a friend of Izzy's who is having a party on Sunday. She has just lost her first tooth!

 I hope they like them!

10 comments:

  1. I love your tooth fairy cushion - that's such a lovely idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those bibs are great! I think we all have times when we're unmotivated, I know I do. I agree with the making presents thing - I've got to get off my bum and start on mine, I have my mum's birthday next month as well as Father's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, those bibs are gorgeous and I really need to have a go at making some as my pals seem to be having a baby boom at the moment. It feels like there's only me not expecting! Justine xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the tooth fairy cushion! Lynda xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear you're back making again. :o)
    Fiona @ Christals Creations.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the fabric you have used for your great makes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are gorgeous hun...and im sure they will love them!
    TFS Hope you have a lovely weekend x Clare x
    Weekend Crafter

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well if they dont I do, What do you back your bibs with (I am not making any, just something similar)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your bibs. Do you back them with towelling? What pattern do you use? I may have a reason to make some soon - not allowed to say why yet!!
    Viv
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love hearing from you! If you ask a question I will reply underneath your comment as soon as I can so please come back and check. Please feel free to 'pin' any of the projects I have made. I love Pinterest!!