Friday, 9 April 2010

When I return I will be officially old!

I'm off holiday for a few days today to celebrate reaching the big 40 on Tuesday. We are going to New Quay in West Wales for a week with some friends who have children the same age so it should be good fun. Hopefully the weather will stay sunny and we can go to the beach. We are back later in the week to prepare for the party (which I'm really nervous about!) and then I start my new job. Yikes!

I've just come back from a shopping trip to IKEA. I really want to do my sewing room up so as my present from Jon I went and chose a big craft table for my sewing machine, some proper storage and some other bits and bobs and when I get back from holiday I can start planning the new look room. I'll post some before and after shots. I'm hoping having a fab new sewing room which bring back my sewing mojo!

Anyway have a fab week and think of me on Tuesday crying into my glass of wine!

16 comments:

  1. I hope you have a lovely time. 40 isn't too bad, but it's the beginning of where did the ache and pain come from?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was at Ikea on Friday but I was buying a rug for my son and a lamp and some fabric for me - perhaps we passed in the isles we were the ones going the opposite way to everyone else??? as we got a bit lost trying to find the lighting department. We called for lunch at the pub just near the motorway and saw Kerry Katona so hows that for a random day. Have a good weekend and enjoy your birthday and dont forget to leave a comment on my blog for a chance to win the free giveaway handbag. www.beverleylovestosew.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a good time, and stop making me feel old. I passed the dreaded number some time ago, and am now heading inexorably towards my half century - eek!

    ReplyDelete
  4. have a great break louise and a fabulous party can't wait to see the new look sewing room
    here's to being 40!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 40 really isn't so bad! I'll be sure to put you down for the fabric swap. Looking forward to seeing the new crft room (but you do know that I shall be VERY jealous)?xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm also going away for my 40th in November and determined to come back with the 'Life Begins' attitude.
    Looking forward to seeing your new sewing room.

    Beki xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday! Have a lovely time, Kate xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. happy 40th - i'm just 41 & feel great - best age to be in forties !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have a great break away and I am sure you will enjoy your party.

    ReplyDelete
  10. 40 is the new 30, so enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree with cumquats - 40 is the new 30 :o) Have a good bday and share pics of your Ikea goodies when you get back if you can - look forward to seeing the new room - happy hols! xox

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've got 3 minutes left to wish you a Happy Birthday! I hope you've had a wonderful day xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. My comment won't make sense as the time on your blog is wrong!! It says 3.58pm instead of 11.58pm! Oh well!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi - and thanks so much for joining in the swap.xx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love hearing from you! If you ask a question I will reply underneath your comment as soon as I can so please come back and check. Please feel free to 'pin' any of the projects I have made. I love Pinterest!!