Friday, 2 April 2010

Heres what I sent


I keep looking at all the lovely things I received from Gemma in the colour swap. They are so lovely. Now I know that Gemma has received my parcel I can show you the 'pink' things I made and sent her....

A little birdy sewing kit



Some mini bunting. I have never made it like this before. I used pink cord rather than ribbon and also threaded a button inbetween each flag. I had lots of remnants of pink fabric so it was good to use them up



A vintage tea cup pin cushion. I have to admit to 'borrowing' this idea from All that Glitters. I bought one of her tea cup pin cushions for my mums birthday and had been dying to try and make one for someone. When I saw this cup and saucer in the local charity shop it was just perfect for the swap,

I also covered a notebook with this gorgeous fabric which is one of my favourites. This is only the second one I have made and I actually found it harder than I thought. I think I need to practice a bit!

This little drawstring bag is from Gisella Graham. The colours were so pretty that it was perfect for Gemma. I was quite tempted to keep it for myself though!


I also sent a few bits and bobs. A spotty luggage tag, a little hanging garland, some spotty ribbon and little flowery pegs


It was so much fun choosing for Gemma because her blog is full of lovely pretty things and it was easy to get a sense of what she liked. Its pretty nerve wracking sending things you have made to a fellow sewer though. I hope she didn't look too closely at my sewing!

8 comments:

  1. hehe Louise your sewing is fab, better than mine I am sure! You did a zip for starters! Thanks again for a lovely swap xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely swap gifts,Louise. Thanks for organising the swap.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this swap so so much and will need to host one over the summer I think. It was a joy adn I wonder how many of us sent or received sweet peas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Louise, I've borrowed your bunting idea for my daughter's birthday tomorrow. Alas, it is a meager effort compared to yours. Running desperately short of time I've quickly cut out the triangles and stapled...yes, stapled!...them to gift wrapping ribbon. It's a bit too embarrassing to photograph, but I'm hoping it will still look festive hung between the trees tomorrow. Thank you for the great ideas, I look forward to making some better bunting in the future. :) Kim

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely swap thanks ever so. Hoppy Easter to you love Lucey xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have made such beautiful things! The tea cup is utterly brilliant! Love the covered book too. WOW. Tres clever LOL Debs xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What lovely things - thanks again for organising this swap.xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everything is so pretty! You make really beautiful things, I hope to do a swap someday soon :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love hearing from you! If you ask a question I will reply underneath your comment as soon as I can so please come back and check. Please feel free to 'pin' any of the projects I have made. I love Pinterest!!