Monday, 19 April 2010

Fabulous Forty!

I'm back and I'm 40!! I had a lovely sunny week in West Wales with family and friends which was great. Sadly my auntie died on my birthday which although not unexpected was still a shock so I didn't feel much like celebrating after that. I received some gorgeous presents from everyone though which I'll blog about when I get round to downloading the photos. My party was at the week-end. It was lovely to see everyone but having a party is way too stressful. I spent the whole time worrying about whether everyone else was having a good time. I much prefer going to other peoples parties. It was a joint party with my friend Paul and he had been stuck in Belgium because of the volcanic ash thing so he literally arrived half an hour before the party began after a getting a last minute ticket on the eurostar. Thats us below. Its at the end of the party so we are both looking slightly drunk!


These are my lovely friends Kate and Debi - at this point in the party we thought we could dance. It was not pretty!


Talking of volcanic ash Jon's dad is actually stuck in Katmandu after a months treking holiday in Nepal and he has no idea when he might be able to get home. It must be a horrible situation to be in.

I'm actually really scared tonight as I start my new job tomorrow. I'm terrified - not about the job but about the drive there. Seriously I feel sick thinking about it so wish me luck. Tomorrow I am going to have to pretend I can string a sentence together and that I actually have a brain. Its going to be a struggle!!

12 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday and Good Luck for tomorrow, you will be great xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life begins they say............. Happy 40th Birthday - I reach the milestone on the 17th June - think i'll forego the celebrating and stick to using it as a kickstart to doing my teacher training I keep putting off and perhaps building our own house, will keep me busy for a few years!

    Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It'll be great don't you worry! At least the drive stops you worrying about the job so that will seem really easy. Good luck! I know you'll be fab. Great party, great time - what a laff!!!!! Fab at forty! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You'll do great! Happy Belated 40th! You look fantastic and I'm sure you've heard that 40 is the new 30 :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. good luck with the new job....you will do fine !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Belated Birthday and Good Luck. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Life begins...
    Good luck in your new job x

    ReplyDelete
  8. The very best of luck, you'll be fabulous! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday & I hope that things have gone well at work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy birthday and hope your first day was a success!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday, Hope you have had a good day at work! x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love hearing from you! If you ask a question I will reply underneath your comment as soon as I can so please come back and check. Please feel free to 'pin' any of the projects I have made. I love Pinterest!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...