Friday, 5 March 2010

Oh dear

It was all going so well. Then this happened....



Yes that is my daughters hair - that she cut herself!! She was making things at the kitchen table and asked if she could use proper scissors to cut out shapes. I watched her for a while and she was doing really well and being very careful - see a dinosaur that she cut out by herself



so I kept wandering in and out of the room tidying up and sorting out Sam and then I realised that she was basically cutting off bits of her hair, sticking them to the picture and her explanation 'giving myself a bob!!' Luckily she seems to have managed to cut an equal amount of both sides and it now has a bit of a layered look rather than being a complete disaster (or perhaps I am in denial) but I am mortified. I should have been paying more attention. A bit of a wake up call I think. The scissors will not be allowed out again. Not as bad as a little girl I know though who basically cut off her best friends plaits leaving the girl with VERY short hair!!

Thanks to everyone for your lovely messages about my new job. I am so shocked. Seriously. I did not imagine for one second that I would get it. In fact earlier in the week I even considered cancelling it because I was so scared about the interview and only the fact that I had blogged about it stopped me. The thought of having to blog that I had pulled out was too horrible so its actually down to you I got the job. Thanks everyone.

I actually did a bit of tidying up today - only because Jons dad is coming over tomorrow to babysit so we can go to a friends party. This is what I found down the back of my sofa. .


Some wipes, various toy cars, 2 pirates, a crayon, a ball and a lock of Rapunzel Barbies hair (oh and lots of dust!) No money though unfortunately.

Have a good week-end everyone.

12 comments:

  1. Perhaps she could cut Sam's hair aswell next time? just kidding! Well done with the job by the way, I'm just catching up on blogs at the moment. I dread to think what is down the back of our sofa. I'm sure wipes walk off by themselves. Have a lovely weekend xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Louise, Oops!! You really do have to have eyes in the back of your head don't you, and it always happens when they are having the most fun. Never mind no harm done and I bet she's still a cutie.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha Ha!!! Reminds me of the time when I cut my hair and gave myself some bangs!!! Who knows she may wind up as a famous hairdresser!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep. I remember the time I cut my hair as a child too - mine was a bit more of a disaster though. Congratulations on the job by the way - hope you'll still have plenty of time for blogging and sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eeek! Oh well, it will grow again! Congrats on your job, that's fantastic news! Must be a real boost to your confidence! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no! My daughter did exactly the same thing. I posted some photos on my blog :: Hair Despair

    Nice dinosaur though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh dear, I don't know what it is with little girls and hair cutting! Maybe it's something to do with all the dolls and being able to create new long hair in an instant and different styles, they just think they can do it to their own! Things don't ever change. I remember my mum catching me with scissors giving myself a fringe at 6. Very wonky and a trip to the hairdressers! We just never learn! Many congrats again on the job and hope you get to have a good weekend! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mini cut his finge too, I was mortified. I had to take him to the hairdressers to fix it a little bit

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh no, you must have been really mortified. She has made a beautiful picture though.
    Have fun,
    Rachael XX

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think it is something everyone has to do at some point! I did my hair at age 3 or 4, and thought I had got away with it with my daughter, then age 9! she cut off a long strand of hair in a very boring geography lesson. Luckily it didn't look so very bad, and she was old enough to regret it, and learn not to do it again!

    Pomona x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh bless your daughter - my daughters friends cut each others hair off playing hairdressers once!! Well done on the job front, the childcare will work itself out I hope!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, I've nominated your blog for a Sunshine Award ~ check out my blog for details.
    Best wishes, Sarah.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love hearing from you! If you ask a question I will reply underneath your comment as soon as I can so please come back and check. Please feel free to 'pin' any of the projects I have made. I love Pinterest!!