Tuesday, 16 February 2010

Swaptastic

I am so excited that so many of you have signed up for my flower swap. Thank you. Its really exciting and I can't wait to get it started. I'm very happy that some new people have signed up too! Welcome to my blog and I can't wait to start checking out your blogs.
A couple of people have mentioned that they have never done a swap before. Don't worry! I'm new to all this too so we'll just muddle through together. Thank you to Mary Poppins for answering my  questions about organising swaps and also for this link about swap etiquette which is very helpful to read. I'll leave the swap open until next Monday 22 Feb and then contact everyone once I have matched you up (names in a hat job!). There seems to be 2 ways of doing swaps - matching people in pairs so you send to the person who sends to you or more random where you send to one person but receive a parcel from another person. Anyone have any strong feelings either way? I'm happy to go with whatever people prefer. Also if people can email me their names, addresses and blog link here that would be great and I can pass them on to the relevant people.

My sewing mojo is coming back slowly. Made some bunting triangles last night to send to a folksy seller who is collecting triangles from all over the country to make bunting to decorate a venue for her wedding day. You can still join in if you would like? Have a look here for more info.






I know the colours are a bit random and don't match but I figure that once they are mixed up with all the others they will look ok. The last one has a little bit of freehand embroidery on it and I'm quite pleased with the result as I did it on a whim in about 5 minutes. The button is a little love heart button. I find that if I think about things too much then I become very critical and end up binning things like this so I literally finished it and packaged it up to send so I couldn't change my mind. What do you think?

I also started on my new range of bibs and I am really pleased with the fabrics I have used. Will show you once they are finished. I also had a go at a Mothers Day idea for my Folksy shop but it didn't really work out too well. Frustrating but at least I know now. The idea was good it just took too long to make for the amount I could sell it for so its is best saved for a special present for someone instead.

Thanks to everyone who has nominated me for various awards over the last couple of weeks. I do really appreciate them. I just haven't had the time to post about them or pass them on. I will try to do this but forgive me if I forget. There are not enogh hours in the day!

5 comments:

  1. What a great idea about the bunting..I think when it all gets together it will look great...
    as for the swap thing, personally I think its better to go for partners to swap with. (this is what I will do) This way you can develop a 'relationship' and know if there are any problems with dropping out or delaying posting.
    Not sure what others think...all the blog swaps I have taken part in have done it this way.
    I posted a link to your swap post on my blog in case anyone else fancies joining in.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the bunting and think it is a great idea. I am happy either way with the swap and will go with the majority

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely bunting flags and a great idea.
    Rachael XX

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have sent my email, and I am happy for you to decide how it is organised.

    I have given you an award over at my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Am getting excited about the swap (just off to check out the 'swap etiquette'....) Thanks so much for organising! PS Love the flowery bunting :o)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love hearing from you! If you ask a question I will reply underneath your comment as soon as I can so please come back and check. Please feel free to 'pin' any of the projects I have made. I love Pinterest!!