Monday, 22 February 2010

Lets get swapping

My flower swap is now oficially under way. Woo hoo!!
Izzy and I put all the names in a hat and randomly pulled out two at a time to match you together in pairs. So here is the list of who is swapping with who and their blog links.....drum roll please.

Mary Poppins and Mrs Yappy Dog
Winnibriggs and Chez Sophie
SewHotMitmot and English Teacup
Lexilooo and Elizabeths Attic
Poppyart and Gallimaufry
Handmade from the heart and VivWild
Emily Pickle and Made with Love
Crafty Helen and Mollimoo
BekiMarie and JennyFlower
Fairly Girly and Ems Shabby Shack
Lululiz and Dizzy Izzy Handmade
LemonadeKitty and Amberlife
Mad about bags and SewPatchwork
Love to craft and Crafting in the beach hut
Ulrike and SewScrumptious
AnniesAntics and Marigold Jam
Anilla and Dolly Dollop
The Madhouse and Kelly

Some of you have sent me your addresses to pass on but I am still missing quite a few so to make it easy could you all please contact your swap partner direct to say hi and swap addresses please. 

I really want everyone to enjoy taking part in the swap so here is a quick reminder of what you need to send and when

1) A fat quarter (1/4 metre) of a lovely flowery fabric
2) A packet of your favourite flower seeds (can be bought or from your garden)
3) A handmade lavender bag (can be any size/shape you like)
4) A handmade item related to the flower theme (can be anything really)
5) Another item or items relating to the flower theme (Minimum one item but some people might want to put in several smaller fun items rather than one big thing. This item can be bought or thrifted or be something you have lying around the house!)

Please can people make sure that their swap partners get their packages by Good Friday (2 April 2010). A few people are posting overseas so to give you the same amount of time to make things perhaps you could agree to have posted by then on the understanding your packages may arrive a little bit later. If your parcel is going to be delayed for any reason please can you let your swapee or me know.

I can't wait to see what you all make and send and thought it would be nice to share photos of our packages so I have set up a Flickr group here. It would be great if people could take and download photos of their package when it arrives to the flickr group for us all to see (I'm sure we will all be blogging about them too!)

Happy swapping!!

14 comments:

  1. Ohooo can't wait :0) Thanks for organising a lovely swap and look forward to sharing my lovely swap with you all.

    Thanks again, you have done a grande job :0)

    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Thanks Sew Scrumptious. But how can I go to sleep now, thinking about all the lovely things to make/include in my swapee's goodie bag... (And worrying that my sewing skills aren't good enough *blush*) :o) Thanks again x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankyou for arranging the swap, really looking forward to finding some delights and goodies for my partner. yaps xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank You
    I know what a big job it is sorting out - I'm still not done!!!!!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh boy! I better get busy! Several ideas swimming in my head. I told my hubby about it, but he still doesn't get a fat quarter! Well, let's dust off the old sewing machine and get going!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am very, very excited, my first swap - woohoo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really looking forward to the swap!
    Joined up to the flickr group.
    Thank's..Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello there :)
    have just seen on Dollydollops blog that we are partners for the colour swap! Howdy Pardner!
    My email address is gemahogan@hotmail.com - please email me so we can swap addresses xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for organising this lovely swap. I am really excited. My first swap.
    Rachael XX

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much for all your hard work with this swap. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you, I am off to get to know my partner a little better. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. May I join the Flickr group so I can see what everyone swaps? It should be a great, colorful display. And I'm curious what a lavender bag is. :) (I think I'll go google it right now.)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just read a post over at http://youfoundkelshidingplace.blogspot.com/2010/04/parcel-joy.html regarding the flower swap that recently took place. I fell in love with the fabric tea bag that you sent her. Would you please make one for me or share the instructions? I would be happy to pay for the supplies and your time. My dearest memories of my Mum involve cups of of tea and now that she is gone, I would love to have this reminder of her. I will use it as a Christmas ornament as my tree is jam-packed with momentos of special times, places, and people. A friend recently sent me a fabric cup of tea but this tea bag is just lovely.

    Thank you,
    Pamela
    we3camayas@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm sorry, I think my post above should have gone to The Madhouse. I will redirect it.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love hearing from you! If you ask a question I will reply underneath your comment as soon as I can so please come back and check. Please feel free to 'pin' any of the projects I have made. I love Pinterest!!