Sunday, 14 February 2010

Anyone fancy a swap??

OK I've decided to bite the bullet and organise a swap. I love getting parcels through the post and I need something to motivate me as I've lost my sewing mojo. I've been trying to decide on a theme for my swap and as gardening is my other passion and I've really enjoyed being out in the garden the last week now that the weather has warmed up a bit I've decided that the theme for my swap will be

FLOWERS!!

So if you want to join in my flower themed swap in celebration of the coming of Spring then just leave a comment by Mon 22 Feb. I will then contact you with who is swapping with who and also post links to blogs. Open to everyone but could people say if they would rather not post internationally.

You will need to send your swap partner the following goodies....

1) A fat quarter of a lovely flowery (floral just sounds too middle aged!) fabric
2) A packet of your favourite flower seeds
3) A handmade lavender bag 
4) A handmade item which is connected to the flower theme (can be anything)
4) 1 other item relating to the flower theme (again could be anything - something you have lying around or something you buy - you choose)

I know a lot of us have children and finding time to do anything is difficult so how about we say the parcel would need to be with your swap partner by Easter (Friday 2 April). Easter for me signifies the begining of Spring as I'm usually at the garden centre buying my bedding plants on Easter week-end although this year I will probably be in bed crying over the fact I will be 40 a week later! See I NEED this swap to cheer me up!!

So what do you think? Are you up for it? Don't let me down guys. I'm all excited about my swap now and just need some swapping partners to join in. Please feel free to blog about it and invite your friends too - the more the merrier! I'll leave you with some photos of my garden last Spring...





38 comments:

  1. I'm definatly up for a swap!!!
    Flower theme sounds fabby to me.
    Count me in.
    Luv Sophie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohooo yes please, flowers are one of my favourites, I would love to join in, hopefully help my crafting mojo return too :0)

    X

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. When do we find out who are partners are, nice to mooch at their blog to see likes and favourite colours before I get crafting for them

    X

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi louise, i think it must be the time of year because i can't find my sewing mojo anywhere, and it seems we aren't the only ones, i think a flowers themed swap sounds just the thing to get me out of the winter blues!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi count me in too please.
    I am hosting a 'colour' swap too over at my blog (details going on later today) if you are interested xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi - I would love to join in please. Am so relieved that I'm not the only one searching for my sewing mojo!xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi I hope you don't mind I have popped one of your beautiful floral photographs on my sidebar with a link to your lovely swap :0)

    X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Me too me too *jumps up and down*. Never done a swap before so am a complete novice on this but as it involves my two favourite things (sewing and gardening) I'm delighted to have found you! Count me in, Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok, I am a bit nervous as this would be my first swap but I love flowers and would really like to be included.
    Rachael XX

    ReplyDelete
  10. count me in - love a good swap! (Hetty will be sent on her merry way to you tomorrow!)

    Helen
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi I love your blog so I've nominated you for a sunshine award see my blog xxb

    http://birgittadesignz.blogspot.com/2010/02/sunshine-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love flowers, so the swap sounds lovely, please count me in :-0)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi there
    just popped over from Beki's blog, I'd love to join your flowery swap.
    Take care
    Kate.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Count me in too please

    Beki xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Count me in too please ! I love a swap-- will you PM me? or how do we find out the deets?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi, I've just found your blog and would love to join in the flower swap if I may?? Lucey xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm also new to your blog and would love to join in. The flower thene sounds great. Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello,
    I would love to do the swap as I have never done one before, so if it is not to late may I join in please? Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh yes please! I'd love to join in, it sounds fantastic & just the remedy I need to put a 'spring' in my step! yay! x

    ReplyDelete
  20. i resisted for 24 hours but could not hold off ant longer - please can i come and play :-)

    in comment to your more recent post i think that having a swap partner makes it easy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I would love to participate and am looking forward to this! Such a lovely idea :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sounds like a great idea & such fun please count me in.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Can I join in? Sounds like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  25. hi there, please may i also join in :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh yes, please, I would love to join the swap. Just found out about it from Beki ( good girl x )

    ReplyDelete
  27. Count me in too please. Have just found out about the swap from Lululiz.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Me too please, what a lovely sounding swappsie! xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Yes I am in for the swap - flowers are my fav thing for cheering me up. Just bought some early daffs today - UK of course. I have added myself to follow your blog (found you on handmade) but my blog is www.beverleylovestosew.blogspot.com and my email holland8bw@btinternet.com. Just let me know what I do next. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I have become a follower, nice to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I would like to join your flower swap and post to somebody in the UK please.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Yes please ~ I would love to join your flower swap, so count me in!
    Best wishes, Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I have never done a swap before, but the flowers drew me in. If it's not too late, and if someone will do international then count me in! It will help me to get motivated and moving early this year!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love hearing from you! If you ask a question I will reply underneath your comment as soon as I can so please come back and check. Please feel free to 'pin' any of the projects I have made. I love Pinterest!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...