Tuesday, 19 January 2010

Oh I do like to be beside the seaside

I recently came across a lovely shop on folksy called Handmade from the Heart which sells gorgeous shabby chic handcrafted items made from wood. I particularly liked their beach themed items - boats and beach huts and they have inspired me to do a treasury of fab beach/seaside related items available on folksy. We have a holiday house near the sea in New Quay, West Wales which we rent out and all of these things would look fabulous in our house! If anyone ever wants to rent a very child friendly holiday house near a beautiful blue flag beach for a holiday then check out the link on the left hand side of my blog. We'll give a 10% discount to anyone booking through this blog!!

Here are my top pick of beach related gorgeousness on Folksy...





Wooden Boat by Handmade from the Heart



Lavender Beach Hut by Pants and Paper



Stained Glass and Driftwood Boat Mobile by amyorangejuice



Driftwood Sailing Boat Card by Kirsty Elson



Swooping Gull Silver Necklace by Bbel



Beach Huts Tea Cosy by Charlotte Macey Textiles




'Seaside' Bib by SewScrumptious
(Nothing wrong with a bit of shameless self promotion!)



Linen Applique Beach Hut and Bunting Cushion by Ticketty Boo

Its made me want to go on holiday!

5 comments:

  1. Ooooh, thanks for the mention - such lovely items! Nice to daydream about summer days at the beach when it's so bitterly cold at the moment! Best wishes x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the tea cup and the cosy best of all, og and howe lucky a holiday home in welsh wales. We had our honeymoon in wales a nd both the boys love it

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a refreshing selection of goodies - very inspiring! Makes me want to go on holiday too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I came across the same folksy shop today, beautiful work, love your blog post with other beach theme items.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely selection.... making me pine for the summer!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love hearing from you! If you ask a question I will reply underneath your comment as soon as I can so please come back and check. Please feel free to 'pin' any of the projects I have made. I love Pinterest!!