Thursday, 28 January 2010

My Play Doh rocks!

I pop in and out of the forums on Folksy now and then and came across a lovely post today about making bunting for a wedding. The idea being that lots of people each make a triangle and then they are put together to decorate the wedding party. Several people had offered to send a triangle and as one of my 2010 resolutions is to do more random acts of kindness I signed up to make one. It will take hardly anytime at all and I can't wait to see the finished results as each triangle will be unique. I know there are some very talented crafty people out there who read this blog so if you would like to take part please email Laura at this email address and she will send you a pdf pattern and more information. This is the kind of blog thing I love!

Another post that that caught my eye was one about Project Linus . This is where people can donate handmade quilts which are given to children and young people in need to keep . Their aim being "to provide a sense of security and comfort to sick and traumatised babies, children and teenagers through the provision of new home made patchwork quilts and knitted / crocheted blankets". I love this idea too and will be passing it on to my mum who makes lovely quilts. Another fab idea for us sewers to get involved in!




I am feeling rather virtuous this week as I have made play doh from scratch twice! Inspired by a recipe from this post on The Madhouse blog. It worked a treat even though I didn't have any cream of tartar. We added glitter to todays batch and it kept my 4 year old and 1 year entertained for about an hour. What a result! It literally only took a minute to make too. Check out the amazing blog for more craft ideas for children


1 comment:

Please leave a comment. I love hearing from you! If you ask a question I will reply underneath your comment as soon as I can so please come back and check. Please feel free to 'pin' any of the projects I have made. I love Pinterest!!