Sunday, 20 December 2009

Only 4 to go!!

I braved the shops on Saturday as was stressing about finishing my present challenge and thought I'd better try and buy a few last minutes presents. I avoided Bristol City Centre and went to Park Street which is full of really lovely independent shops. It was actually a really nice experience and not that busy! I spent a few hours browsing the shops, had lunch and bought a few presents for my mum. The only horrible experience was going into Borders to try and buy Sew Hip magazine not realising it has gone into liquidation. There was a sale on and it was manic in there with people trying to get a bargain. I swiftly left. There is something really depressing  about shop closing down sales that I can't bear no matter how much of a bargain I might miss. Felt the same with Woolworths. I couldn't resist a little browse around the Cath Kidston shop and bought a bus pass holder and some tissues. My mum always has tissues in her bag! I do love Cath Kidston fabric but it is sooo expensive.



I also bought a Cath Kidston like passport cover and lugage tag in another shop. My parents go away quite a lot so this will definately get used.



I also realised that its not that long until Christmas Day so I had better actually start making things on my list so today I made a Tea Cozy. It was pretty straightforward and I love this 'tea' fabric that I used. It can be reversible too if you want. I just hope it fits as I just winged it measurement wise.






Only 4 to go now. I've got a present being sent from the USA which is really exciting but I've still got a sewing machine cover, cushion cover and scrapbook to make so still lots to do. We managed to wrap about 40 presents last night and off to do some more now. I'm also going to try and calculate how much I have spent on the challenge too.

3 comments:

  1. Have I stumbled across another Bristol girl?
    Love the tea cosy, great fabric.
    Off to carry on flicking through your blog now.
    ((hugs))
    Beki xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love the tea cozy. Great stuff

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet your mum will love those gifts. love the tea cosy, especially the colours. what a lucky tea pot you have :)

    merry christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love hearing from you! If you ask a question I will reply underneath your comment as soon as I can so please come back and check. Please feel free to 'pin' any of the projects I have made. I love Pinterest!!