Wednesday, 23 December 2009

A HUGE thank you and a new challenge!



I can't believe it - I've actually finished my present challenge. I'm still waiting for present number 70 to arrive from California (some gorgeous picture frames from Kathy which I will show you when they arrive) but I have a last minute back up plan if it doesn't arrive in the post tomorrow as Izzy made a calander at nursery yesterday. A MASSIVE thank you to everyone who sent me such beautiful things for my mum and also to all of you who left comments with ideas and suggestions of things to make or who were just generally  enthusiastic and supportive about my challenge as it really spurred me on.

I have been completely overwhelmed by how kind complete strangers have been to me during my challenge. It has really restored my faith in human nature and I hope that over the coming year I can repay some of the kindness that has been shown to me by completing some random acts of kindness of my own. In fact I'm going to make it one of my resolutions for next year. I know that my mum will love all of the presents and will be so surprised by what I have done. I will try and get some photos on the big day to share with you all. The final list of 70 presents that were bought/made or donated are on the left hand side of my blog.

I've loved having a challenge on my blog. Its given me a real focus and stuff to talk about so I've decided to set myself another challenge for next year. I really want to try and make some clothes for Izzy so inspired by my giveaway prize from Kitschy Coo of a fab coat pattern and tutorial (see below for how it should look!) I am going to try and make one item of clothing each month.


Some will be from some great free tutorials I have found on the internet, some from patterns I have bought or won and some from books I have. I'm a complete novice when it comes to making clothes so its going to be a massive learning curve for me as I am still terrified of zips and button holes and remember that my sewing machine hates me! Its a great excuse to buy lots more fabric tho so watch this space!

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on reaching your 70th target, sure your mum is going to be so thrilled. Looking forward to seeing what new exciting sewing projects you come up with in the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on getting there. I think it was a wonderful idea as you know. I hope your mum loves them all. I am looking forward to next years projects too

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm holding my breath that the package gets there in time. It's been fun watching the 70-gift progress. Your mom's going to be so surprised! I don't know very many daughters (or sons) that would do this for their mom... you're a good, creative daughter. Two thumbs up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the link, aren't they great?
    So glad you've reached your goal, just wish i'd come across you before. Hope your Mum has a great Birthday and you a very Happy Christmas.
    ((hgugs))
    Beki xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a very happy Christmas!

    Pomona x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love hearing from you! If you ask a question I will reply underneath your comment as soon as I can so please come back and check. Please feel free to 'pin' any of the projects I have made. I love Pinterest!!