Friday, 18 December 2009

Did you miss me???

I'm back from a lovely but freezing cold 5 day break to Centre Parcs in Longleat with Jon, his dad, sister and niece. Yes it is snowing.











It was great and Isabella in particular loved it as she was finally big enough to really appreciate all the swimming, panto, Father Christmas visits etc etc that we organised. It was lovely to see her face so excited each day. She practically hyperventilated meeting 'Jasmine' after the panto!



Jon and I celebrated our 9 year anniversary (first date as not yet got round to the marriage thing) whilst we were there (he remembered to bring a card and I forgot - whoops!). We actually got to go out on our own for dinner which was lovely. We also found out while we were there that Jon's other sister is not just expecting baby number 3 as thought but also baby number 4!! Yes its twins. How we laughed. Not sure she has got over the shock yet though!

Just arrived home to find a lovely package waiting for me from Nicole at Dots and Stripes. She had very kindly sent me a gorgeous fabric covered notebook for my mum.



Its really pretty and I love the fabric and little heart button. Perfect for my mum to keep in her handbag or next to the phone. Thanks so much. Check out the Dots and Stripes website for lovely fabrics and patterns and also the fab childrens clothes that Nicole makes. I've just had a look at what I still need to get for my present challenge and am stressing slightly. I'm going shopping tomorrow for a few bits and pieces and then I need to make 3 or 4 things so need to get out of wine drinking mode and into sewing mode again for a while.

2 comments:

  1. lol about Johns sister. I remember that feeling like it was yesterday. My twins are just three and I still havent got over the shock. No really, I worried about everything while I was pregnant and when they actually came things weren't as bad as I thought it would be. It is hard work at times but also very lovely.
    Glad you had fun,
    Rachael XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Dots & Stripes too. Gorgeous fabrics - I'm never quite sure whether Nicole is doing a public service for the UK, or just tipping me over the edge of temptation!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love hearing from you! If you ask a question I will reply underneath your comment as soon as I can so please come back and check. Please feel free to 'pin' any of the projects I have made. I love Pinterest!!