Wednesday, 2 December 2009

Blog of the month no less!

I'm very excited to have been featured as blog of the month in the latest edition of Creative Crafting magazine. What an honour. Its a great read and I think that once I get my last Christmas market out of the way I'm going to have a go at learning how to crochet from the beginners guide in the magazine. Have a look....



Talking of Christmas markets - its my last one on Saturday. The Southville Centre Christmas Market in Bristol. I did it last year and it was great. Full of really lovely things to buy so I'll probably end up spending more than I make. I'll be pleased when its over though as I can relax a bit more and not spend every night manically sewing although I've still got a few things I need to make for my mums birthday. I've been busy recently making things from my lovely new fabric...

More little girls activity bags...






Little travel sewing kits





and little baking bags. I LOVE this fabric





I went to an 80th Birthday party last night for my Auntie Rene. Thats her in the middle in the photo below. Shes actually my grandmas sister so my great aunt. She can certainly out party me! She was still going strong at midnight and was only stopped by the taxi arriving to take her home. My mum is on the right and my mums sister Carol on the left.  We were so pleased that Carol was able to come to the party and enjoy the celebration as she has cancer and has been very ill recently so it was a lovely night getting everyone together.


5 comments:

  1. Congratualtions. I will have a good look later

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations from me too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done with blog of the month! I'm very chuffed to have my bag featured. I know what you mean about sewing manically every night. My last fair is Friday night. Hope yours goes well. Kate xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! I am loving the little sewing kits, what a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. well done! i do enjoy your posts... and thanks for your comments on my blog. it really makes a difference when you know someone is out there listening.xx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love hearing from you! If you ask a question I will reply underneath your comment as soon as I can so please come back and check. Please feel free to 'pin' any of the projects I have made. I love Pinterest!!