Saturday, 21 November 2009

We all need a hug now and then

I just found another great present for my mum on Folksy. Its a hug....




A handcut piece of walnut that spells the word 'hug' with a little poem to go with it. This is a really sweet little present and was only £1.20 so a complete bargain as well from Valley Woodcrafts. Perfect. Think this can be from Izzy to my mum as present no. 49!

Thanks to TheMadHouse for passing on the Honest Scrap award to me.


I am very honoured. You really should check out her blog because its a great read and full of interesting posts including lots of crafty things to do with children. So I need to tell you 10 things that nobody knows about me....


  1. I used to be really good at horse riding and had a horse until I was 18 and discovered boys and pubs!


  2. I hate driving and probably only ever drive within a 3 mile radius of my house


  3. I have the most dreadful singing voice ever


  4. I called off my wedding 9 years ago when I met my current partner


  5. I worked in Greece for 2 summers when I was younger


  6. I only ever dance when drunk!


  7. I was once in the audience of Question Time with David Dimbleby


  8. I always said I would never have children and now have two!


  9. I used to be a Child Protection Social Worker. Its a horrible job.


  10. I am 40 next year - how did that happen???

I need to have a think about who to pass it on to tho so watch this space...


3 comments:

  1. What a very sweet gift, think I will be popping along to Folksy just now. Congratulations on your award.
    Rachael XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your answers, it is kind of like peeking into someones diary. I think the hug is fantastic too

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats fab. Whe I was a brown owl we put cotton wool in felt bags and tied them up with a little label saying bag of love. You never opened it as the love would get out.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love hearing from you! If you ask a question I will reply underneath your comment as soon as I can so please come back and check. Please feel free to 'pin' any of the projects I have made. I love Pinterest!!