Wednesday, 25 November 2009

Phew! That was a close one.

I have just narrowly avoided a complete disaster. Note to self - NEVER give a 15 month old the car keys to play with when they are sat in the car seat with the car doors shut as they will press the button on the key and lock themselves in the car. Yes you guessed it this has just happened to me.

I was about to go and collect Izzy from pre-school so put Sam in the car and remembered that I needed to get something out of the garage that I had been storing for someone at pre school. It will only take 2 minutes I thought and Sam is safe in the car in front of me. So I gave him the car keys to play with  and shut the car door as it was raining and one minute later realised that he had locked himself in the car with my house keys so I had no way of getting him out or getting into my locked house to get the spare key. I'll spare you the swearing that I did in my head. What made it worse was that my other half is working in London today and my parents who have a key are on holiday and Izzy had to be collected from pre school in 5 minutes time. I spent a couple of minutes trying to get Sam to press the button again in an encouraging yet slightly hysterical voice while he grinned up at me. Luckily he did eventually press the button and I managed to open the car door and was saved from disaster. What would I have done otherwise though? What would you have done? I need some valium...  



8 comments:

  1. What a nightmare. I am super careful over car keys after a friend did the same and ended up having to break a window to get in. Glad it all worked out in the end

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, I would have broken the window. Big brick, straight through but I'm a panicky annie:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im with Leanne. I'd have thrown a brick through the window too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear I think we have all been there. My heart is racing now just remembering the same thing happening to me with the house. I forgot to put the latch up on the door and my 2 year old at the time shut the front door with me outside. Nightmare. My neighbors now have keys.
    Glad you got it sorted.
    Rachael XX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh dear what a nightmare. A couple of months ago I put my just turned 3 yr old in his car seat and nipped back into the house to get something I had forgotten. I came out and he was just about to walk into the road. I discovered he had realised how to unclip himself from his car seat and just walked out of the car. What a nightmare. Have spent a long time trying to find safety covers or another solution to make sure he can't undo it but to no avail. I just have to keep an eye on him all the time now. Kids hey! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh, I do feel for you, Louise! I feel quite panicky just sitting here. Glad he put you out of your misery quickly!

    Pomona x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know someone who gave her granddaughter her car keys to play with (because the child's mean mummy wouldn't!) and the little girl dropped them into the loo. A new central locker had to be bought at a cost of £300!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the picture of Sam! He looks so cheeky and innocent! Little monkey. You must have had kittens. IThank god it all ended fine.I know someone who that happened too as well and they had to smash the window. What a nightmare! Quick, down the charity shop to find some toy keys for him to play with xxx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love hearing from you! If you ask a question I will reply underneath your comment as soon as I can so please come back and check. Please feel free to 'pin' any of the projects I have made. I love Pinterest!!