Tuesday, 10 November 2009

I have a confession to make

I have a confession to make.....I have been buying Christmas presents and they are...wait for it.....NOT HANDMADE!! In my defence they are books. Books are good. Books teach you stuff and some of the books are about sewing so that makes it ok. Anyway if you haven't already heard of them check out The Book People. They have some great offers on their website. I just bought 10 Charlie and Lola books in a cute Charlie and Lola bag for £10


and they have lots of sets like that for children. Also highly recomend the Hairy McClary books for little ones as they are really fun to read (and short!).


Annoyingly though I just spotted a book I bought off Amazon last week for half the price - doh!)



Thanks to everyone for all your advice re shipping fabric from the USA. I am so torn between that fabulous website and all those gorgeous fabrics and the fact that I know it will end up costing me a fortune in postage and duty. Theres only one thing for it - a trip to the USA and a visit to that fabric shop in person!! Just have to win the Euro Lottery first.....

1 comment:

  1. Oooh I will have to check out that website - my daughter loves Charlie & Lola!

    You are right, I think we all need a big trip to the US to buy some lovely fabrics! I do keep trying to win the lottery... not so much as a tenner!

    Have a great week :-)

    Rose X

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love hearing from you! If you ask a question I will reply underneath your comment as soon as I can so please come back and check. Please feel free to 'pin' any of the projects I have made. I love Pinterest!!