Wednesday, 7 October 2009

I LOVE my Postman

I love my postman at the moment. Today I received a box from the lovely Debbie at  Dinky Daisy. Inside were 2 parcels - one for my mum and one for me!!!! My mums parcel contained this beautiful make up bag...




It is just gorgeous. I especially love the little crocheted flowers and the patchwork which my mum will appreciate because she really loves patchwork. I am so jealous this is not for me! It is beautifully made too and has spotty fabric on the back - perfect! I opened the second parcel to find that Debbie had also sent me some fab fabric.






How kind is that? I think I was moaning on my blog the other day about going off all my fabric and not being very inspired so Debbie sent me these to make some crayon rolls for my christmas markets. Love all of them but I think the chinese looking butterfly one is my favourite. Its nice having some funky boys fabric too and my daughter is totally obsessed with the Disney cars film so she loves that fabric.

Debbie has a lovely shop on folksy called DinkyDaisy and makes such pretty things. I love these little purses too. Have them in mind for Christmas presents for people.



Thank you so much Debbie. It was such a lovely surprise and so unexpected. This challenge has really  made me realise how many lovely people there are in the world. I have also decided that when this challenge is over I will make a donation to a charity of my mums choosing. I've received so many lovely lovely things for my mum that it only feels right to give something back so I'll let everyone know which one we choose in December.

To top the day off I had an email from someone who makes handmade sweets who has offered to make and send me some for my mum in December! Can't wait to see (and taste) them! Thank you Fiona.

8 comments:

  1. Thank-you so very much for the glowing right up, I think what you are doing for your mum is such a lovely thing and I better she will be so proud and pleased. best wishes Debs x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous make up bag! Sorry about the fabric link... Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely make-up bags, i love receiving parcels too :) it's so exciting waiting for something lovely to arrive in the post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so very much for voting for Faye & Liam, so kind of you, and it means a lot to me to see them have their big day xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely beautiful. And those frogs are so cute!

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. just found out u can vote once every 24hrs til 30th oct.
    love your log btw! gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such lovely makeup bags....wow....where can I get one? :-D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am a great fan of Dinky Daisy and have some of her bags and cards. Fab-u-lous!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love hearing from you! If you ask a question I will reply underneath your comment as soon as I can so please come back and check. Please feel free to 'pin' any of the projects I have made. I love Pinterest!!