Sunday, 4 October 2009

Beads, beads and more beads

I've been meaning to post for a while about the necklace pattern I was testing for Jean at Talking Beads. She sent me the pattern and beads and I had a go making it for her. I think I blogged about struggling to follow the pattern but actually it was ME that was the problem not the pattern in ANY way because the second time I tried it was really easy! (I do worry about my brain sometimes). Anyway I did manage to finish the necklace (the photo is about half way through) and it was really good fun having a go but I think I'll stick to sewing. The tiny beads played havoc with my eyesight!





Izzy also decided to make a necklace. My mum bought her a massive tin of beads from a charity shop and she loves threading them up to make necklaces (shes developing an 'interesting' look!). Most of them end up on the floor tho - not great when you have a one year old crawling around!



I bought my second bead kit from the lovely Haptree on Folksy recently. These bead kits are truely gorgeous and make perfect presents. My 2 nieces now have them and love them. Gorgeous handmade little wristlets which include very lovely little bead sets inside. I want one for me!! Check out Haptrees blog too which is always interesting and now also full of cool giveaways!





Thanks for the 80's tips everyone. I'm ashamed to say I didn't end up going. I woke up feeling a bit off colour and couldn't face going out. Stayed in and watched Strictly instead! Feel a bit bad not going but just wasn't in the mood. Shame would have been fun to put on a pair of leg warmers again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. I love hearing from you! If you ask a question I will reply underneath your comment as soon as I can so please come back and check. Please feel free to 'pin' any of the projects I have made. I love Pinterest!!