Thursday, 24 September 2009

Swop Shop!

Kate at Emily Pickle had a fantastic idea....did I want to swop one of my crayon rolls for one of her purses for my mum? YES was my immediate answer as I know Kate makes absolutely gorgeous things (my children have several of her t shirts). I think I did pretty well as I got this gorgeous vintage fabric purse for my mum complete with gorgeous spotty lining and sweet little badge AND some cute little hair clips for Izzy as well.



Not only that but Kate included some gorgeous tissue paper and ribbon so I could wrap it up nicely for my mum.



I made this crayon roll in return for Kates daughter. I hope they like it.





Check out Kates folksy shop for some more gorgeous little purses. I speak from experience when I say everything is really well made and completely gorgeous! I have my eye on one of these hello kitty purses!


Also check out Little Cottage Comforts who has taken up a 'Make Do and Mend' challenge and vowed to only buy secondhand or handmade for a year and a day from 1 October 2009. What a brilliant challenge. I can't wait to see how she gets on!

1 comment:

  1. I'm feeling nervous now - lots of people watching in case I fall! But maybe the thought of all of those people on the sidelines, encouraging me and the others doing Dottie Angel's challenge, will spur me on to greater things!

    I am so glad you are getting on well with your present collection - the things above look really lovely!

    Pomona x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love hearing from you! If you ask a question I will reply underneath your comment as soon as I can so please come back and check. Please feel free to 'pin' any of the projects I have made. I love Pinterest!!