Wednesday, 16 September 2009

Show me your SEEDS!!

Have been thinking about my 70 presents challenge and realised its actually quite hard to think of 70 things to buy/make one person. I suddenly had a great idea tho. Seeds!! My mum is a very keen gardener and would love getting some seeds to plant next year. So its a bit cheeky I know but I wondered whether any of you green fingered bloggers had any seeds from your gardens that you would like to send me??? I know that I could buy some but this challenge is bloody expensive about being thoughtful rather than just buying stuff. I really like the idea of being able to give them to my mum and tell her that completely random people that she doesn't know had been kind enough to send her seeds from their garden.So any offers??? I can package them up nicely when I get them - they can literally just be in an envelope with the name of the plant and any helpful growing instructions. Show me your seeds fellow bloggers!!


5 comments:

  1. Hi I think your 70 presents for your mum is a fantastic idea. Very thoughtful. She is going to be so happy. I would like to make your mum a lavendar bag. Just a little something to help you make up the number of presents you have to find! Every little helps hey? You never know, maybe a few of your blog followers might be able to spare a little thing to help you out. Seeds are certainly a good idea. I'll see if can cobble some of them together too. Good luck! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you've no luck with fellow bloggers, there are a few places you can swap or get seeds for SAE. I'm on this (http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/grapevine/seed-swap/) grow your own forum and some people will give you surplus seeds for a SAE - flowers included. Other thing is to join freecycle. You can post things you want on it - also nice to offer things as well. It's not quite the right time of year but you can sometimes get free seeds from different places - bbc did last year for some veg.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could send you some seeds if you like - just email me. I have some dried lavender, too, from my garden, if you would like some of that.

    Pomona x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sure that we have some seeds that we can send you, my husband is always squirreling them away! If you email me with your address I will see what I can do. kellingtonsmythe (at) yahoo.co.uk. I think this is such a wonderful idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. recently took part in a swop where I sent someone some seeds, and I made a wee pouch for them by sewing up paper from a gardening magazine and poured the seeds inside that? nice and easy! I don't have much of a garden, so no actual seeds, but thought you might like this idea!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love hearing from you! If you ask a question I will reply underneath your comment as soon as I can so please come back and check. Please feel free to 'pin' any of the projects I have made. I love Pinterest!!