Tuesday, 25 August 2009

A true inspiration

A while ago I spoke about an inspirational friend of mine called Karen who is running the Bristol Half Marathon in memory of her 2 young daughters who both tragically died last year (one from heart failure following a heart transplant as a baby and one from meningitis). Her story is heartbreaking and I know some of you VERY kindly sponsored her and left messages of support. Thank you so much. It really means a lot that complete strangers would do that for someone they have never met. I thought I would update you slightly. Karen has today been featured in the Bristol Evening Post. The paper followed the story of her oldest daughters search for a heart when she was a baby and have featured her today in the hope of helping her reach her target of raising £20,000 for the Bristol Childrens Hospital. If you would like to read more about Karens story then please have a look at the interview (it will make you cry) at Bristol Evening Post

On a positive note Karen has so far raised over £8,000 towards her target. She has a gorgeous little boy called Sam who is nearly one who is helping her stay positive and is surrounded by her family and friends. Her story certainly puts all my problems into perspective.

If you would like to sponsor Karen the link is Holly & Olivia Fundraising Page

5 comments:

  1. I am truley lost for words! And now have an overwhelming urge to go grab Ruby from her bed and hold her tighter than i ever have before! Your friend must have the strength of a loin, to even get out of bed every morning, let alone run a 1/2 marathon. Her determination to continue with life is truly inspirational!...I am off to leave a donation now1
    xK

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is absolutely the saddest thing I've ever heard. I don't know how you would carry on. Already sponsored her. I feel like I just want to give her a hug. Unbelievable grief. Sam must be like a ray of light.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, I'm leaving you a comment to say how fabulous your blog is ! Really unusual and interesting posts and you have cool pictures too. Thanks so much for taking the time to share them.. best wishes...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Louise, i have posted a link to your friends story on my Facebook, as i think she deserves as much support for her fundraising as can be got!
    Glad you liked my vase slip...i was quiet pleased with it myself! The fabric is Cath Kidston, dont know what it is called and i dont think it is available anymore! I bought it on ebay for a snip! and it is one of my faves!
    x K

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is all so sad , thankyou for letting us know and giving us the opportunity to help .

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love hearing from you! If you ask a question I will reply underneath your comment as soon as I can so please come back and check. Please feel free to 'pin' any of the projects I have made. I love Pinterest!!