Wednesday, 5 August 2009

Happy Birthday Sam!

Today is Sam's first birthday! I can't believe that this time last year I was pacing round the garden having contractions before going to the hospital and demanding an epidural before they even opened the delivery room door (I got one immediately - in fact I got two........only neither of them worked - I hate that anethsitist!). Given that he was 9lb 13oz I think I deserve presents more than Sam. Its gone so quickly tho I can't believe he is one already. He has been complete joy and we can't imagine life without him now.





As you can see most of the cake ended up on the kitchen floor but I think he liked it. Izzy bought him a little toy monkey which I get the feeling he will not be allowed to play with as shes currently sleeping with it in her bed. Its the thought that counts tho right??

Controlled crying update - Its works!! (says with fingers and toes crossed - this is sooooo going to jinx it). Last night he slept from 7.30pm to 8am without waking up. Hurrah!!

5 comments:

  1. Happy 1st Birthday Sam!
    He's such a gorgeous boy. Can't believe he is one! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday Sam.......9.13lbs!!!!..... Damn girl you deserve a medal! I was in fear of having a big baby the whole 9mths i was pregnant as my oh was 10.2lbs at birth! Luckily my Roo was only 7.7lbs......but it only took her 3mths to top the 90th line in the red book! 16mths later she is still a little chunka! But isnt that how babies should be, all squishy and cuddly!
    Congratulations on your first year!
    By the way you inspired me to also purchase the mod dress pattern, I am going to give it a go this weekend, wish me luck and keep an eye out for its unveiling on my blog...... http://madebysugarmouse.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, Happy Birthday Sam!! You Cutie Pie!! xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love hearing from you! If you ask a question I will reply underneath your comment as soon as I can so please come back and check. Please feel free to 'pin' any of the projects I have made. I love Pinterest!!