Monday, 13 July 2009

Bibs, bibs and more bibs!

I've gone bib mad! I've been meaning to make some for ages and yesterday I finally got a spare couple of hours to have a go. What do you think? I'm quite pleased with them. These are for older babies prob 6 months plus but I'm going to make some for newborns as well I think. They have organic waffle cotton on the back which is really absorbant to soak up spills and are double stitched for extra strength. It was the first time I have used snaps that you put on using one of those special tools and a hammer and I'm really pleased with the result. They look really professional. I'm thinking about making lots more for a couple of Christmas markets I am doing. Not sure about pricing them tho. Is £8.50 ok? The last one is a travel bib which has 3 little pockets which contain a spoon, fork and packet of wet wipes so that might be a bit more. I'm thinking of making a very simple wraparound pouch for it so you can wrap it up and chuck it in your bag. Feedback most welcome!







7 comments:

  1. Absolutely BRILLIANT! Adore the fabrics! So funky. What cool lucky babies they will be to have bibs like those. Aren't you clever, they look fab! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, they look great. I love the fabrics you have used. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are lovely. But honestly I wouldn't spend that much on a bib for my son who will only spit his dinner out over it and stain it orange. And chew it most probably. Saying that they look lovely I hope you are successful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys.
    @christals creations - I hear what you are saying. They are not day to day bibs I guess. I'm hoping they will be bought for presents really (hopefully by people who dont realise that most baby food is florescent orange and impossible to wash out of anything!!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gift bibs are totally different to everyday bibs - For P who is 16 months I'll wip out a nice bib when we're out and about but use a tommee tippe plastic one at home - the cover is a good idea or maybe you could add a press stud or tab of some kind so that you could just roll it up and snap/tie it shut to keep mess in, less fabric.

    Hey did you see we got an award from Kerli?

    ReplyDelete
  6. shame my son's to old for a bib, your's look great

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fsb bibs, I would spend the money on a prezzie! I love the cupcake and guitar ones!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love hearing from you! If you ask a question I will reply underneath your comment as soon as I can so please come back and check. Please feel free to 'pin' any of the projects I have made. I love Pinterest!!