Sunday, 28 June 2009

Look at what I won!

We went to Izzy's pre school summer fair on Saturday and it was really lovely. Really sunny day, lots of stalls including cakes and plants (it doesn't get any better than that in my world!). Donkeys, bouncy castle, ice creams etc etc. I entered the Tombolla eyeing up the many bottles of wine on offer as prizes and crossed my fingers as Izzy picked out 3 tickets. We won not ONE but TWO prizes. What a result I thought. Until they were handed to me..........................






A bottle of diet coke and some tinned squid!!! Could the prizes be more rubbish??? Who gives a tin of squid as a raffle prize? How many times has it been given to a raffle by someone who has won it in a previous raffle? It was ok tho as my lovely friend Debi invited us round for a BBQ that evening so as guests we thought it only right and proper that we take something with us for the hosts!
p.s Well done Andy Murray - bring it on!
pps All very sad about Michael Jackson but enough already.

7 comments:

  1. I didn't even know that they made tinned squid, that's disgusting! Did you see someone giggling to themselves when you received your 'prize'?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We won one tiny bottle of beer at my daughters fete on the weekend, the type they sell 20 for £2.50 in Tescos so consider yourself lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. well done with giving them away to someone else although you may not be invited to the next bbq...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tinned squid ... yum. Last thing I won was a pair of surfing socks that were about three sizes too big!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am the lucky receiver of the squid!!! Hilarious. Obviously I am eternally grateful for such an "original" gift. Funnily enough you weren't keen to BBQ the squid??? mmmm, wonder how long that'll be in the cupboard (me thinks my son's pre-school may be getting a contribution to the next raffle ha!). Have to say it was the best school fete I've EVER been too. Loved it. Got 5 fab kids book - 20p each!!!!!!!! P.S. Andy Murray needs to step it up - please win the next set! He's on now. and P.S.S. Very sad about MJ. Did have an MJ night last night and bought 2 of his albums online - which was no mean feat as all MJ stuff was sold out on a few sites. Borrowed HIStory today and have been singing my heart out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are just the best prizes ever! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh here, congratulations! You must have been over the moon:)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love hearing from you! If you ask a question I will reply underneath your comment as soon as I can so please come back and check. Please feel free to 'pin' any of the projects I have made. I love Pinterest!!