Tuesday, 16 June 2009

I've aged 10 Years.....



Horrible start to the week as my little 10 month old Sam has been in hospital for 2 days. Went to the GP as he was a bit wheezy and they made me go straight to the Bristol childrens hospital where he has been on oxygen, steroids and a nebuliser since yesterday morning. Poor little thing. We have just got him home and he seems much better now although I have to use an inhaler on him ever four hours for the next few days. He hates it so its not going to be much fun! A BIG BIG thanks to all the lovely staff at the hospital who looked after my Sammy for me and to my parents for looking after Izzy last night at very short notice. Its a bloody worry this children malarky. I need a drink!

11 comments:

  1. Ahhh - hope he is feeling better - you must be feeling shattered. Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, thanks for visiting my blog and joining my birthday giveaway, the quilt you mentioned sounds lovely - like a family heirloom :) Good luck for the draw xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best wishes to you and your family, I know what a stressful time it can be when a child goes into hospital suddenly.
    What an adorable photo.xxxDebs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you are all ok. One of Em's friends went through the same thing but is fine now. Very cute photo. Kate xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor little thing! My son is 15 months old, they are just so defenceless at that age especially when they're sick, such a worry - I hope he's on the mend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poor wee thing - you must have been in tatters. Hope he's feeling better soon x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank goodness he is ok. What a worry for you. Bless him xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yikes.. Maia had the same thing last Oct with three nights in hospital. It's very scary, isn't it? Glad he's on the mend and hope your stress levels can follow :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks everyone for all your lovely kind comments. Sam seems MUCH better now and is back to his usual cheerful self. I may need a bit longer to recover!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad Samkins is better now. Really frightening. You need a nice rest and a big cup of "Tea" or something far stronger. Hurrah for brilliant children's hospital and hurrah for brilliant parents who are always so lovely and there for you. So relieved everything worked out alright. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh P.S. Absolutely gorgeous piccy of Samkins. x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love hearing from you! If you ask a question I will reply underneath your comment as soon as I can so please come back and check. Please feel free to 'pin' any of the projects I have made. I love Pinterest!!