Tuesday, 26 May 2009

Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah!

Although i've been sewing for quite a while now, I have never put a zip in anything before! I've always been too scared to try. I'm very impatient and always want to finish things before I start and knew that I wouldn't have the patience to do it properly. But today I did it!!!! Its taken me all evening but I finally put in a zip in something. I made a little lined pencil case type thing and it looks ok! The seams are slightly wonky because I didn't measure properly (rushing!) but the general look of it works I think. I am so impressed with myself. Even my other half looked mildly impressed when I showed him. What do you think? I recently found some little sewing kits that came in horrible plastic bags and want to make some bags like this to put all the stuff in and maybe sell as first sewing kits. Does it work? Zips rock!








If you had told me 10 years ago my two favourite pastimes would be sewing and gardening I would have laughed out loud! Now look at me about to blog about my borders! I just couldn't help but take some photos of my garden today as everything is starting to flower and it just makes me smile. I love summer in the garden.




Finally had to post some photos of Isabella from the week-end. We went to a local fair and had a fab time. We were all walking back to the car sharing some chips and I was feeling slightly smug about my two gorgeous well behaved children when Isabella suddenly lay down flat on the pavement and refused to move screaming 'YOU'VE EATEN ALL THE CHIPS MUMMY' at me at the top of her voice. I had to bundle her in the car still screaming that I had eaten all her chips (which I had!) slightly red faced. That will teach me!!
















x








x

8 comments:

  1. Hi, zip looks great. I'm not brave enough to try! I've just posted you a few dodgy postcards. Not sure what i am going to do with the rest! Oh well. K x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it looks good. I can't sew to save my life thats my sisters thing. Good luck with that. You could do party bags as well with little treats in for party gifts instead of all the plastic C*** that you get now, i'd much rather a little bag. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. the bag looks fab! I would need something like that to store my bits & bobs in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How do you manage to do all that sewing with a 10 month old? I find it hard enough and I don't have fiddly stitches to work at. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Wow! Clever you! Looks absolutely beautiful and the lining is gorgeous too. Fab material. Definitely Sew Scrumptious ha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for comments everyone.
    Christals Creations - I have a very understanding other half who doesn't mind that i lock myself away several nights a week to sew - its that or vallium!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very impressed with your zip bag, I haven't braved that yet but I'm really keen... still a bit scared of zips!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love hearing from you! If you ask a question I will reply underneath your comment as soon as I can so please come back and check. Please feel free to 'pin' any of the projects I have made. I love Pinterest!!