Friday, 29 May 2009

Being grateful for what you have.....


I have been feeling a bit sorry for myself this week. Sam and Izzy both had ear infections and were grumpy and nobody got much sleep. I was too tired to do any sewing and was generally feeling a bit miserable. Then I got an email from a friend asking me to sponsor her for the Bristol half marathon and it made me cry. Why? Because my friend has suffered the most unimaginable, devastating loss in the last year. I won't go into detail here but last year her 2 young daughters died within months of each other (and of their new baby brother being born). This would have destroyed most people but my friend is determined to raise money for Bristol Childrens Hospital where they were both treated in their honour and that is why she is running the half marathon.

I know times are tough but if anyone can spare a few pounds to sponsor her then please check out her website which gives more information. She is an amazing woman with such courage and suddenly my week just doesn't seem so bad after all.
http://www.justgiving.com/hollyandolivia

5 comments:

  1. What a courageous friend you have , best wishes to both of you .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm astounded by how strong and courageous people are, your friend is an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for your comments and I know people have donated too. I REALLY appreciate it. I was undecided about doing the post because its such a sad story and I hate asking people for sponsorship/money but I just wanted to try and do something to help my friend. I'm so pleased that I did now. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe this will cheer you up?
    YOU WON MY BLOG GIVEAWAY!
    Stop by my blog
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have just sponsored her. So sad. I still cannot believe it has happened. Very brave lady! Gorgeous girls. Makes my eyes water reading her JustGiving intro. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love hearing from you! If you ask a question I will reply underneath your comment as soon as I can so please come back and check. Please feel free to 'pin' any of the projects I have made. I love Pinterest!!